Sunday, March 25, 2012

NEIS (New Enterprise Incentive Scheme)

I've just started the NEIS training course at RMIT University in Melbourne.


NEIS (New Enterprise Incentive Scheme) can provide you with accredited small business training, business advice and mentoring, as well as ongoing income support for up to 52 weeks.

NEIS is one of the Australian Government’s longest running employment activities, and has helped more than 100 000 people develop new, viable small businesses around Australia.
NEIS is delivered by a national network of NEIS providers under Job Services Australia, in locations right around the country.


Wow!  Hey?  What a great state!  VICTORIA!  Can I hear an AMEN?
Whooo!


So I'm in my first week, studying a Certificate IV in Small Business.  It's actually really stimulating, and there's great teachers there.  It's good to be back at school.  :)
I'm working on finishing off my first game while doing the 8 weeks of business training.
I'm hoping to have my first game out by around May 2012!
Thanks NEIS!


Find NEIS on Facebook here...
https://www.facebook.com/NEISgovau

Here's an article about The Voxel Agents, a Melbourne indie startup that went through NEIS in 2010, who found it really helpful!
http://indiebits.com/neis-australias-secret-weapon-for-indie-startup-funding/



No comments:

Post a Comment